Monday, July 18, 2011

Seriously...we live in the Amazon...seriously

It's crazy hot and humid...which I despise...but my garden loves!!  My deck is a jungle.  So much so that I feel totally claustrophobic out there and which doesnt' matter cuz it's too hot to be out there anyway.  But, its a lovely and sunny day!

I went Visiting Teaching this morning.  For those not of my faith, our womens organzition at church, the Relief Society, is organized by companionships, two sisters, who look out for the needs of two or three other sisters, by visiting atleast once a month to share a spiritual message, and fellowshipping them always.  It's a nice way to look out for one another and some of my most cherished friendships have come from my visiting teaching assignments.  The gal I visited today (I went alone, as my companion is just about to have a baby) is a wonderful young mother with the three cutest little children.  I so enjoyed sitting on her couch, surround by toys and children and noise. It brought back memories of those days in my life...constant motion is how I recall it.  So, while I went to strengthen her, I left edified.  Isn't it great how the Lord works?  It's impossible to serve without being served in return.

What's for dinner?

Since the lettuce in the kitchen garden is insane because of the jungle weather, its Taco Salad tonight!

Today

For Gabby, it's driver's ed (last week, hurrah!) and a party with friends in Andover (thankfully found someone to carpool with).  Gideon conned Grandpa (meaning cute-ly asked) into a trip to Walmart to spend his birthday money on Lego Harry Potter for the Wii.  He's had the money for awhile, but I wanted him to wait a week or so to make sure that's how he wanted to spend his $30 and to teach delayed gratification, which is not something I'm good at or been so good at teaching.  He'll get to play it a few hours this afternoon since it's the first day and then only half hour a day from here on.  He says he fully understands, so...we'll see.  Then tonight it's the Art Show for last week's art lessons.  Circus theme, so the kids have to share any "freak show" talents they have...and of course my kids have some.  Christy will bend her thumb all the way back (gross) and Gideon plans to share the peculiar noises he can make with various parts of his body.  I made him show me all of them, and the worst has to do with arm pits, so I'm just letting him glory in his abilities.  Gabby is showing some of her AMAZING photography at the show too.  Michele Holcomb is a gifted and talented artist and teacher!

Have a blessed day...be a blessing in someone else's life!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you're sweet. :) Loved Gabby's photos. Loved that your kids had talents to share so my kids weren't the only ones showing off/basking in the glory of an attentive audience to any weird things they could think of doing. Thanks for braving the heat!

    ReplyDelete