Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

Can't believe its the last week of July! 

My talk on the pioneers went pretty well...not my best, but acceptable.  Very glad its over!  I really like writing talks, but delivery is getting harder and harder as I get older.  I feel so nervous and like I can't catch my breath.  But, so far, I don't think anyone in the congregation can notice.

Had a great afternoon yesterday at the new and improved Elm Creek Park playground. Gideon and his buddy and Christy and hers and I, along with pb&j's, apples, pretzels and homemade pickles.....and my knitting :)  Yeah, love knitting outside at the park.  It was a perfect day...warm, but breezy...great in the shade.  And really what summer is all about.  I'm glad we could finally have a day like that.

Great dinner last night.  I'm trying to have us eat healthier and also trying to bring something new to the table.  I found a recipe in Debbie Macombers Cedar Cove Cookbook.  It was bowtie pasta with white beans, roasted  peppers, garlic and spinach, with a splash of balsamic vinegar at the end, and a parmesan cheese sprinkle.  And I roasted the peppers myself (which was really cool, btw).  It was a little time intensive, but delicious.

What's for Dinner
Heading out to dinner tonight with my dear friends of 18 years, Anna and Emily, so the fam is having:  
frozen pizza. (So, sue me...the healthy lasted one day). They are excited...which I'm trying to not let hurt my feelings :)

Today
Gid's buddy Josh is here all day, regular housework day, driving sister missionaries around for awhile, dinner with my friends.

Have a Blessed Day...be a blessing in someone else's life!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your talk Sunday. :) I even used part of it to go along with my visiting teaching message. You always do a great job. Can I just start coming over to your house for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally had time to add your link to my blog so I'll be up to date :). Hope life continues to treat you well!

    ReplyDelete