Friday, July 15, 2011

A Quiet Day

It's another rainy day!  And overcast.  And I'm in that sorta mood...so I'm good.  It cleared enough last night for the parade, which was very fun.  The kids got LOADS of candy, which makes the parade a success for them.  I was reminded of what a great community we live in, so it was a success for me.  Now today, we are mostly home, hopefully catching up on some housework and having some "reading by the window on a rainy day" time.

Speaking of which, I finished a book this week.  I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. 


It was written in the 40's, now back in print.  I liked it.  It is the story of a couple of teenage girls who live in an old English countryside castle with their eccentric father.  They meet some American fellas and the story ensues.  Not an all-time favorite, but an interesting and entertaining read.  Thanks, Michele Holcomb for the recommendation and the loan.

What's for Dinner

Trying something new.  I'm going to cook up some penne then add some diced tomatos and fresh basil from my kitchen garden.  Then (because of a really good coupon) I'm going to add some Kraft Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Creme.

Sounds yummy in my head, hopefully it will translate to the table well.  But I figure with cream cheese, garlic, basil and pasta I can't go too wrong.

Today

Finishing up the first week of driver's ed for Gabby.  Last day of art lessons for Christy and Gid.  Tonight Ron will be finishing the last minute prep for our church's booth at the Maple Grove Days Expo (he is the Ward Mission Leader and the booth is going to ROCK). So, time for me to find a new book!

Have a Blessed Day...be a blessing in someone else's life!

2 comments:

  1. Let us know how the Cooking creme is :) I have looked at in the store a few times but haven't bought it yet. Let us know your families opinion~

    Atousa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finally sitting at my computer and have a chance to "catch up" on your blog. I love the background -it's so fun! I'm getting some dinner ideas :) I think my favorite is the subs & cherries and carrots- simple and delicious and summer-y. Glad you liked the book. ;) Next book I recommend is "I thought it was just me,but it isn't" by Brene Brown. Nonfiction, psych type book, but I really like it. I LOVE the rain too. It's my favorite weather.

    ReplyDelete