Sunday, July 17, 2011

Beautiful Sabbath Day

From the inside of my air conditioned house, it is a beautiful Sabbath Day...outside it is the climate of the jungle.  ugh...but I'm so very grateful for the air conditioned church in which I will be spending the afternoon!  My heart goes out more and more to the pioneers and the hardships they endured...I'd be hard pressed to go to church without the A/C. 

I teach the nine year olds at church.  They are a great bunch of kids and they are deep in my heart.  I have a great team teacher, Rebecca, but today is my turn.  We are discussing the Savior's parable of the sheep and the goats, Matthew 25.  Great lessons about the just and final judgement which awaits us all, as well as the value of a service-filled life.  It's a great parable, that's for sure.

What's for Dinner

Crock pot Sunday and it's the famous recipe from my friend, Jill Brown, "Creamy Chicken Over Noodles".  A family favorite and super super easy.  (Thawed chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and a packet of  dry onion soup mix served over egg noodles). It will be nice to come into our blessed air conditioning and have that ready when we get home from church.

Today

Choir practice this morning (Gabby is the new choir pianist!!!), Church from 1-4, family dinner and then Family Movie Night.  On Sunday evenings we rotate who chooses a movie for our family to watch together.  Last week Christy chose "Secretariat," which was awesome.  Tonight it's Gabby' turn.  It's always a surprise.  No baking cookies or brownies tonight...too HOT...icecream or popcicles it is.

Have a blessed day...be a blessing in someone else's life.

1 comment:

  1. Brings back fond memories. Missing the nights I was invited to spend at the Herouxs for movie night!

    ReplyDelete