Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A New Summer

I have amazing memories of the lazy summer days of my childhood.  Awaking late, playing in the neighborhood, lounging in the sun, lots a reading time, climbing trees.  I keep waiting for that to happen this summer for my kids.  But...not so much.  I'm beginning to understand summers are different now.

Since May we have had a minimum of two baseball games (sometimes three) and a practice or two a week plus a soccer game and a practice each week.  We have driver's ed, art class, play dates, sleepovers, Mutual, Activity Days, parades, Maple Grove Days, piano lessons, trips to the library.  All good things.  All busy things. So, summers are different now.  Busy.  Scheduled. Maybe I was blessed because my mom didn't drive and we had to stay home.  But I'm blessed to be able to drive and have a car and have the means to do fun things with my kids.  It will be interesting to see what THEIR memories of their childhoods will be.  Different, but still good.

What's for Dinner

Been in a dinner rut...job hazzard of being a homemaker for almost twenty-two years:  running out of motivation to make good dinners.  Therefore, I'm trying again and thought I would add a "What's for Dinner" on my posts to help motivate me to actually make a decision ahead of time about what to make each night.

Tonight:  Chicken and creamcheese crescent roll bundles.  Yum.  And...it doesn't look like barf.  My last two nights, while very tasty (hot dish of beef and potatos and a chicken and pea curry roux over rice) were not at all visually appealing.  So...this should atleast LOOK better. 

Today

Let's see...today it's Driver's Ed for Gabby, playdate with Ostivgs, art class at the Holcombs, baseball practice for Gid and soccer practice for Christy.  Hopefully, I'll be able to fit in some housework, knitting, and working on a baby quilt for Sharing and Caring Hands.

Have a Blessed Day...be a blessing in someone else's life!

1 comment:

  1. Becky - this makes me miss you more than ever! I love hearing about your life! Welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete