Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Life in the jungle continues.  There is condensation on the doors and windows (like reverse of winter) and my glasses fog up when I walk out the door or get out of the car in my mad-dash towards indoors.  Here is why I like winter more than summer: 

1. you can always put on another layer when you are cold
ie., sweater or blanket

2. you cannot keep peeling off layers until you are comfortable when you are hot
ie., you can't walk around naked and my layers of subcutaneous fat are unfortunately
unpeelable  (believe me...I've tried!). 

3. I don't shovel, so I don't know the pain of snow, but I do water the garden and weed, etc., so I know
the pain of heat.


But, it's all good...our A/C holds on, God Bless It!

So, I'm still working on Christmas...spent some time yesterday scouring Etsy.com for ideas.  I think I got some cute ones.  I'd share them here, but some of you are on my Christmas list and alas, I would like you to be surprised.

I've been asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday.  Pioneer Day, don't cha know.  Topic:  "Faith out our Fathers."  I'm in my "think about while procrastinating" phase of talk writing.  Prayers appreciated.

What's for Dinner

Alas (wow...i'm really alas-ing today), the taco salad of last night was not meant to be.  Circumstances changed and I got backed up.  I did stick to theme, however, and brought home Taco Bell.  I try.

Tonight it's gonna be chicken salad sandwhiches.  I put up (as in pressure-can) chicken breasts and it's so wonderful to just pop open a jar (looks likes brains) and add some onion, ranch dressing and maybe a grape or two.  It's really delicious, everyone loves it and it won't heat up the kitchen tonight.

Today

Driver's Ed, lunch with my good friends Cheri and Debbie from AZ, extensive work on the much neglected bedrooms of this house, laundry, friend Rebecca coming over to discuss homeschooling, and Gideon's first baseball tournement game...which I hope they just go ahead and play instead of cancel and reschedule because my SOUL needs baseball to be done, complete, over this week.!!!!!

Have a blessed day...be a blessing in someone else's life!



1 comment:

  1. This weather is gross and I am staying inside all day. I brag about taking the cold and walking the dog in it and playing with my kids in it; but the heat- not worth bragging about for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete