Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Christmas in July

I love to create.  I knit, sew etc.  I love making and giving homemade gifts.  When i make something for someone, not only is it a present for them, but for me as well.  I love the process of deciding what to make, researching and finding a pattern, gathering the materials.  I love when the construction actually begins...I get to spend the time I'm working on the gift thinking about the recipient: how much I care for them, how they will look in the gift and I will even offer a prayer or two on their behalf as I'm working.  The whole process means so much to me.  Hopefully, the people who receive my gifts like them and aren't disappointed they didn't receive a store bought gift.  And if they are, atleast I hope they don't tell me! 

One thing about loving to give homemade gifts is that it definately takes time...thus the title today.  If I want to give homemade gifts to my family and friends, I have to plan and start working now...right in the middle of July. So...I have my notebook out and am smack dab in the middle of my Christmas "shopping," which is a great way to spend a summer day.

What's for Dinner

Good News!  Sweetie called and caught an earlier flight and will be home for dinner!!  Which means, I should make one...a descent one...since he has been eating out for the last few days.  Decided on the old standby, spaghetti!  I can my own sauce so that's what we are doing...homecanned sauce with a fresh-as-can be salad from the kitchen garden on my deck, and garlic toast sticks (which means I don't have any nice bread so I'll take plain sandwhich bread, butter and garlic it, cut it into strips and bake til crisp...cheap and the kids think its fancy.

Have a Blessed day...be a blessing in someone else's life!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky :)

    This post reminded me of the wonderful blanket you made for Cailyn when she was born~ She loves it and whenever she uses it she asks me about where the blanket came from....as many we have were made by my mom or someone special....and we tell her about you, our wonderful neighbor who made it just for her :) Thank you for your loving and thoughtful gift. It really means more than any store bought gift in our book!
    Btw-We wish all the time that we had neighbors like your family next door to us again~ Neighbors are just not very friendly very often....they keep to them selves. They are SO missing out!!

    Having fun reading your blog :) Keep it up! Say 'hi" to everyone for us!

    God bless you,
    Atousa

    ReplyDelete